This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Wondering where to Stay in Edinburgh Old Town? This guide details budget to boutique options for those looking to book accommodation in the heart of the the city’s tourist attractions. The Old Town is an ideal area for those looking to pack in historical landmarks, fun attractions for all age ages, informative walking tours and day tours from Scotland’s capital.
Below we’ll share the best hotels in Edinburgh’s Old Town, Airbnb apartments and hostels for every budget.
→ Planning a trip to Edinburgh’s Old Town? Start here
Best Hotels in Old Town, Edinburgh
From boutique to bespoke, haunted to homely, stay in the heart of Edinburgh in a private room with WiFi, AC and other comforts.
- The Inn On The Mile – Boutique hotel and bar on the High Street
- The Witchery by the Castle – Opulent, lavish hotel with 9 bespoke suites
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel – Close to bars, some rooms have Castle views
- House of Gods Royal Mile – Gothic luxury, full of character
- Market Street Hotel – Close to Waverley Train Station, rooftop terrace for cocktails and small plates
→ Read in full | Old Town hotels for all budgets
Old Town, Edinburgh Airbnb Apartments
Prefer to have an entire apartment all to yourself so you can enjoy the privacy of a home setting? Airbnb may be the answer.
Airbnb apartments are also great for those who like to cook at home.
Pay a visit to the Grassmarket Farmers Market (Saturdays) and cook up a storm.
- Award-winning Grassmarket apartment – Simple, discrete, stylish (1 bed)
- Scottish themed apartment – Popular, studio on the Grassmarket
- Family-owned High Street apartment – Peaceful, retreat for 4 people
→ Here’s the best things to do in Edinburgh’s Old Tow
Old Town, Edinburgh Hostels
Are you visiting solo and looking to meet friends?
The Old Town hostels are the best set up for communal fun so you won’t have to worry about being alone in this bustling city.
- Kick Ass Greyfriars – Great atmosphere, big rooms, roof top with views
- Castle Rock Hostel – Friendly staff, central location by Castle
- High Street Hostel – Value for money, communal area
Our Old Town Edinburgh Guides
- The ultimate guide to Edinburgh’s Old Town
- 50+ things to do in the Old Town for all budgets
- Old Town Hotels for all budgets
- Best Old Town Airbnbs including the Harry Potter one
- Old Town Edinburgh restaurants for every budget
- Our favourite Old Town pubs and bars
- Walking tours including history and Harry Potter
- Spooky ghost tours including Edinburgh’s Vaults
- Every Harry Potter location fans can’t miss
Any questions or comments?
Let us know below