This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Stockbridge was made for lazy afternoons and long coffee dates with your partner or friends. This Edinburgh neighbourhood is known for three things: its second-hand shops, its Sunday market and the Water of Leith Walkway connecting the area with the lively Leith Shore and historic Dean Village. I couldn’t think of a better afternoon out hitting all three and finishing the day at one of the best cafes in Stockbridge.
This guide also includes eateries that do takeaway in Stockbridge.
If you do like the sound of this itinerary, I’ve included the handful of cafes close to Dean Village.
Best Cafés and Coffee Shops in Stockbridge, Edinburgh
- Franco’s – takeaway chip shop
- Good and Proper Deli – cute cafe with ‘best bacon rolls in the city’
- Artisan Roast – bright Edinburgh chain, tables outside. Veg options
- The Pastry Section – good music, cakes and coffee
- Whiskers Wine Cafe – dog-friendly, great selection of wine, eggs below
→ You may also like | Unmissable things to do in Stockbridge
- Cowan & Sons – Gatsby-style windows, tasty food, serves booze
- La Barantine – laidback cafe serving sweet and savoury French food
- Söderberg Stockbridge – Swedish bakers, ice-creams. Try the truffle!
- JJ Mellis Cheesemonger – very popular upmarket cheesemonger
→ Looking for restaurants? | Here’s our guide
- Bross Bagels – badass bagel deli, fill your hole
- Lovecrumbs – feed the eyes before the belly at this cake shop
- Skylark Cafe – friendly cafe serving breakfast, lunch and smoothies
- The Pantry – modern cafe with simple breakfast, brunch, lunch menu, features in our brunch guide
Cafes and Restaurants Near Dean Village
- Braw – friendly cafe serving soup and sandwiches
- The restaurant at The Bonham – seasonal Scottish menu served in Victorian building hotel
- Cafe Modern One – impressive deli, cakes and a garden terrace for al fresco lunching
- Forage & Chatter – ten-minute walk from Dean Village, Scottish food, romantic setting
→ Read next | Pubs in Stockbridge
We hope you enjoyed our advice on places to eat in Stockbridge. Have we missed your favourite? Tell us in the comments below.
Any questions or comments?
Let us know below