This article has links to products and services we love, which we may make commission from.
Wondering where to eat in Stockbridge? Don’t be fooled by the size of this neighbourhood; it packs a lot into such a small area. This is where you will find everything from upmarket restaurants (perfect for date nights and special celebrations) to casual basement bars serving pub meals in cosy, snug settings.
For evening meals, it is always best to book ahead to avoid disappointment. Looking for somewhere to drink as well as dine? We’ve detailed that in our Stockbridge restaurant’s guide, too.
Planning to wander along the Water of Leith Walkway to historic Dean Village? We’ve identified a handful of eateries close to it so you can enjoy a coffee or meal after your walk.
Best Restaurants In Stockbridge
- The Raeburn – trendy boutique hotel with a beer garden and restaurant
- The Scran and Scallie – modern Scottish menu with daily specials, decent portions
- Street Box – one of my favourite Thai takeaways. A few seats inside
- Whiskers Wine Cafe – dog-friendly, great selection of wine, eggs below
- Cowan & Sons – Gatsby-style windows, tasty food, serves booze
You may also like | Fun things to do in Stockbridge
- Taisteal – tasting menu, wine and cocktails
- Hectors – pub menu, comfortable seating, big windows
- Sabor Criollo – casual, South American arepas, enchiladas and nachos
- Kenji Sushi – busy basement restaurant serving Japanese plates
- radiCibus – homemade pasta, enthusiastic owners
- Franco Manca – wouldn’t normally recommend a chain, but it’s located in a stunning listed building
- Hamilton’s Bar – popular Stockbridge pub with organic menu
- Bells Diner – steaks, shakes, sundaes and burgers. Family-friendly restaurant in Stockbridge
- The Bailie Bar – proper pub, fresh food, live football and music
- The Antiquary Bar – local fish and meat produce on this bar menu
- Purslane Restaurant – Scottish game and seafood
- Nok’s Kitchen – quality Thai food, book ahead
Looking for cafes? Read this guide
During summer, you’ll want to check out the Neighbourhood Market at Portgower Place for a dog-friendly outdoor entertainment area with food trucks.
Prefer to cook for yourself?
Head to Stockbridge Farmers Market on Sunday and rent one of these apartments with kitchens.
Note: The image below is the historic sign – the market takes place at Saunders Street on Sundays.
Cafes And Restaurants Near Dean Village
- Restaurant at The Bonham – seasonal Scottish menu served in Victorian building hotel
- Cafe Modern One – impressive deli, cakes and a garden terrace for al fresco lunching
- Forage & Chatter – ten minute walk from Dean Village, Scottish food, romantic setting
So that’s our tips for places to eat in Stockbridge. Have we missed your favourite? Tell us in the comments below.
Our Stockbridge Guides
- Stockbridge Guide
- Things to Do in Stockbridge
- Where to Stay in Stockbridge
- Where to Eat in Stockbridge
- Stockbridge Pubs
- Stockbridge Cafes
- All Stockbridge Guides
Any questions or comments?
Let us know below.